Tuesday 25 June 2013

Famous Knitters – Anne Revere




Anne Revere (June 25, 1903 – December 18, 1990)













One of my favourite character actresses, superb in all of her films, and a descendent of Paul Revere - just one of her connections with significant history.  Seen here in National Velvet (1944), wielding dpns and wearing an interesting shawl.

Two films, amongst the many notable ones she appeared in, are Song of Bernadette (1943), with Jennifer Jones 





and  Gentleman’s Agreement (1947), with Gregory Peck.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your 'series' aboutfamous knitters very much. Maybe Julia Roberts would do too? Starting at 1.33 min in the video

One More Stitch said...

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like this feature.

Thanks, also for the link - what a terrific surprise for any knitter! I had never seen that before but I know I would be as delighted as Julia Roberts was if I had walked into a room filled with such "new" knitters!