Wednesday 7 August 2013

Non-Historical Summer Knitting



This sweet little octopus had an outing at the beach today.














The pattern is by Hansi Singh from Amigurumi Knits. I experimented with several weights and kinds of yarn (cotton, wool, blends) before my kind friend KM let me have some of her precious leftover, gorgeous Codex from The Sanguine Gryphon in The One Between. The cool blue, purple and grey shades, plus the silky texture of the 100% Merino was perfect for creating this underwater creature. I wanted a bright contrasting yarn for the underside of the tentacles so Colinette’s Jitterbug in pinks and purples from a pair of fingerless gloves I made a few years ago was just the thing!



The octopus was knit on 3.75mm/US 5 needles. The eyes are embroidered in DMC Coton Perlé 8 in Ecru and Black. The tentacles are threaded with pipecleaners. My thanks to another friend, JK, for shaping them so beautifully. 

2 comments:

karen! said...

love!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Really a work of art.