Friday 11 November 2011

Lest We Forget



Pattern by Erssie Major from http://erssieknits.squarespace.com/knitting-charts/free-colourwork-charts/7544046

The finished piece measures approximately 4” square.

I used DMC 817 and 321 for the reds, 158 for the blue, 937 and a darker(label lost) green from my stash for the greens and 310 for an added three row black edge all round. The piece was knit on 2.25mm needles.

I will make this again but use reds that will contrast more with one another; these, all my own choice, were too similar. Embroidery floss also needs more attention to wrapping or carrying behind as the threads, unlike wool, do not become flat or felt with one another. I admit that this piece was hastily knit to make a deadline but I feel twice as guilty as my work can be better and such a commemorative piece deserves better workmanship. Next year's version will be so.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm wearing my poppy today for my father.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I would love a pattern of it, and would pay, with proceeds going to some deserving organization. Lest we forget.

One More Stitch said...

I have edited this post to include the pattern source - should have done that from the beginning. I apologise, Erssie Knits.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!